I love being by the beach. My hair gets wonderful highlights that can’t ever be reproduced in a hair salon (I know because I’ve tried). It’s also great for my curls; when I’m at the beach, they’re wavy, but not really frizzy. Beach hair is unique because it’s loose, carefree, natural, and really pretty. After all, who doesn’t want to look like a surfer girl?
Living in Michigan, I just don’t get beach hair until I go back to the beach. Which is why, when I saw this DIY on Free People this morning, I gave a jump for joy. They’ve created and tested a recipe that uses all natural ingredients to help you get that lovely summer beach hair that so many girls love. Yay!
- an empty spray bottle
- sea salt
- coconut oil
- a bit of hair gel
1. Fill the spray bottle with one cup of lukewarm water
2. Add one teaspoon of the salt to the water.
3. Add half a teaspoon of coconut oil to the water.
4. Add the blob of hair get (not a lot, maybe a dime-sized amount).
5. Put the top on the bottle and shake thoroughly.
6. Spray it on damp or dry hair, and then scrunch up to create waves. Your hair will smell amazing, and it will look like you spent all day outdoors, in the wind and sun, at the beach! On the Free People article there’s a great before and after picture that shows how this will make your hair look.
Filed under: Eco Fashion on May 24th, 2012