Are you planning a wedding? Or, are you like me and just enjoy looking at beautiful gowns? If so then you’re in for a treat because a few days ago I received an email from Lori at Conscious Elegance, a small design firm that makes organic, upcycled and eco-friendly wedding dresses.
Lori asked if I’d be interested in writing about her gowns, and one look was all it took. The wedding dresses from Conscious Elegance are gorgeous, elegant, and sustainably made. Of course I’d love to feature them!
Eco-Friendly Wedding Gowns
The values of Conscious Elegance mirror those of Earth Divas so much…we could be sisters! They truly care about the environment, they care that their product is sustainably made, and they care about their people – Conscious Elegance is an LGBT-friendly business (LOVE) and every gown is made in the US.
Here’s what makes the gowns at Conscious Elegance stand out:
- Our gowns are made to order, to your measurements and preferences. We collaborate with you and yours on your perfect wedding dress and you’ll be working directly with the fiber artists who create it.
- We use exclusively sustainable fabrics: hempsilk blends, fair-trade cottons and reclaimed materials. Even our thread is 100% certified organic cotton.
- Love real silk? We now offer reclaimed and vintage silk options. By using these fabrics, we not only save materials from the landfill but we reduce the need for new resources (and spare the silkworms!).
- Our garments are made in the USA in a non-smoking, pet allergen-free studio. This is wonderful for the sensitive and allergy-sufferers among us, but let’s face it: we all could benefit from a few less irritants in our environment!
- Our fabric producers are treated with respect and earn a fair living wage; no sweatshops allowed. Not only is this the kindest we can be to the earth, it’s the kindest we can be to each other.
So, what do the amazing eco-friendly wedding gowns at Conscious Elegance look like? Take a peek…
Aren’t those gowns amazing? To me, what’s unique about these gowns is that they showcase the true beauty of the person wearing them. Some wedding gowns are so extravagant, frilly, and overdone that they eclipse the woman wearing them. But these gowns support and uplift the woman…they’re not trying to steal the show or detract from what’s most beautiful about her. That’s true elegance.
Filed under: Eco Fashion on April 19th, 2013